He has always been playing piano, guitar as well as drums and is influenced by jazz music since his early youth. Carl became involved in the tracker scene during the 1990s – which might have been his most important musical imprint to date.
His signature sound today is composed of an enormous number of sometimes tiny fragments which he assembles, merges and stacks. His source material is mostly jazz, funk and soul records and this ensures that his music – although rigidly computer based – incorporates a very warm, human feeling.
He does not attempt to imitate human sounds by the use of his computer. Instead his music receives its emotional power through the contrast of real world beauty that has been chopped up, brutally fragmented and glued together in a rigid way. The results are diversified musical sequences that narrate way more than the sum of their pieces.
Carl Borg has various releases on labels like Sonar Kollektiv and has been playing live performances throughout Europe, South Africa and Russia.
- Splinter Body Scene 12″ SK065 (2005)
- Stoner+Forss+Borg – The Lektor Tapes CD, Album (2006)Appears on:
- Jazz Club (2004) “In the first place”
- Sonar Kollektiv 4, Sonar Kollektiv (2005) “Hazy Small Hours”
- Jazzanova & Dirk Rupff – …Broadcasting from offtrack radio (2007)
- PressPausePlay Original Soundtrack (2011)
- 10 Days Off, July 24th 2004, Gent, Belgium
- Lovefield, August 28th 2004, Hamburg, Germany
- Popkomm, October 1st 2004, Berlin, Germany
- Mambo Bar, October 15th 2004, Mozambique, Maputo
- Berlin Night, Carfax, October 22nd 2004, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Common Ground, Rhodes House, October 23rd 2004, Cape Town, South Africa
- Trois Jours, Grand Theatre, May 13th 2005, Groningen, Netherlands
- Rumor, Sju Jazzpodium, May 14th 2005, Utrecht, Netherlands
- Tinkoff, September 29th 2005, Novisibirsk, Russia
- Swedish Cultural Days, Street Life, October 1st 2005, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Carhartt Party, Club Bohannon, January 27th 2006, Berlin, Germany
- Elektro, Mars 16th 2006, Katowice, Poland
- M25, Mars 17th 2006, Warsaw, Poland
- Brama Jazz Cafe, Mars 18th 2006, Szczecin, Poland
- Public Service, August 21st 2004, Nyhavn, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Bar in der republik, October 2nd 2004, Berlin, Germany